Artwork Director (3D animation sequence) at On the Edge Conservation
Art Director (3D animation series)
On the Edge Conservation, London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Work at On the Edge Conservation
Salary: Our service package includes: 28 days of annual leave + public holidays, private health insurance, pension contributions of 15%, bicycle system
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Head of Department)
Duration: full time
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Art Director, you’ll lead the visual direction and art development process for On the Edge Conservation’s 3D digital animation series and On the Edge Conservation’s impact work.
This position will work hand-in-hand with the Creative Content Director, 3D Artists, and Production Providers to ensure that the assets for our 3D animation series and the On the Edge Conservation brand are consistently delivered for our products, including but not limited to in short, YouTube series production and social media assets. Duties include creative and visual storytelling ideas, creating or directing graphics packs and style guides, and managing the creative content pipeline for a variety of visual asset production needs.
The ideal candidate will also help create everyday social media graphics, website design improvements, and report generation while managing the vendors to aid in this work.
3D animated art direction:
- Set the standard for On the Edge Conservation’s 3D animation series and communicate a clear design vision. Make sure our team of producers and 3D designers meet and exceed this standard. This includes characters, locations, props, backgrounds, effects, lighting, and color, among other things.
- Develop and manage the pipeline and processes for creating social media assets for 3D characters to streamline team workflows. This includes the practical creation of assets and the management of suppliers.
- Work with the creative content director, writers, and production team to develop creative content for storytelling and control all episodes of the 3D animated series.
- Interpret creative typesetting and work with materials provided by photographers, CGI artists, and composers to control all the assets you need.
Brand and Conservation Impact Art Direction:
- Guided in creating resources for PR, marketing and communication materials for the On the Edge Conservation brand, as well as working with conservation implications. This includes digital and print design, video editing, pitch documents, campaigns and the production of high quality graphics for all social channels. This includes the practical creation of assets as well as the management of providers.
- Create and own the On the Edge Conservation visual branding style guide.
- Lead internal and external production teams and hire creative suppliers if necessary.
- Maintain high quality visual standards in an ever-changing, fast-paced work environment. Motivate, look after and support the team with a clear and consistent focus.
- The ability to tackle multiple and often challenging tasks at the same time without compromising creative or technical standards, while maintaining excellent communication with other team members, external production companies, and key stakeholders.
- At least 6 years of experience in 3D character animation and design, ideally from preproduction to launch
- Ability to conceptualize and create direct 3D animated characters, props and environments
- At least 5 years of practical experience in brand and marketing design
- Expert in using Adobe products to create original social media, reports, and brand equity
to multidisciplinary design projects
- A high level of creativity and originality, as well as the ability to adapt to a wide variety of styles
- Strong knowledge of social media trends, youth culture, and new technologies is an asset
- Proven ability to think conceptually and comprehensively about creative projects and brands and to develop and further develop creative systems, processes and guidelines
- Experience overseeing a design team, including delegating, providing feedback, and providing constructive criticism of creatives
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A clear, written and personal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to find creative solutions while working with team members and other departments
Our service package includes: 28 days annual vacation + public holidays, private health insurance, pension contributions of 15%, bicycle system.