Buyer habits and psychology with Tim Ash
Our job as marketers is to help people make decisions. Before we can hope to influence people’s decisions, however, we need to understand how their brains really work – how people are neurologically wired.
Enter Tim Ash, author of Unleash Your Primal Brain: Demystifying How We Think and Why We Act. Tim is an expert in evolutionary psychology and digital marketing. In this episode of Marketing Smarts, Tim shares his expertise in evolutionary psychology and digital marketing, and focuses his research on tips you can use today to make your marketing more effective.
We’ll talk about how to use the right emotions to take action, why every buying decision is emotional (even in B2B industries), and much more.
Here are just a few of the points we’ll cover:
- Designing for the rational brain is a mistake.
- Memories are not accurate; They’re skewed and inaccurate (and that’s important for marketers).
- Marketers shy away from referring to pain, fear, and loss in their messages, but people are much more focused on that than profit.
- Understanding the brain plays an important role in marketing techniques.
- Can people make a decision without emotion?
- The pandemic has changed human behavior.
Now, listen to the entire show from the link above or download the MP3 file and listen as you wish. Of course, you can also subscribe to the Marketing Smarts podcast in iTunes or via RSS and never miss an episode.
This episode was brought to you by Dun & Bradstreet Account Based Marketing:
With Dun & Bradstreet, a global leader in data and analytics for business decisions, companies around the world can improve their business performance. Dun & Bradstreet’s data cloud drives solutions and provides insights that customers can use to accelerate revenue, reduce costs, mitigate risk and transform their business.
“Marketing Smarts” themed music composed by Juanito Pascual from Signature tones.