Digital Manufacturing Editor | Montana Free Press
In a nutshell
Montana Free Press, Montana’s leading national not-for-profit news organization, has an accomplished and ambitious digital production editor position for our Helena team.
Established in 2016
Annual budget: $ 1.2 million
Headquarters: Helena, MT
Organizational impact in 2020
128% growth in e-newsletter subscribers
129% growth in reader donations (memberships)
525% growth in average monthly website users
Montana Free Press is looking for a Digital production editor. The position will work closely with editors and other managers to create editorial copy and images for publication on our fast growing website and social media feeds, and to create and distribute email newsletter products. The Digital Production Editor will also work closely with the Director of Audience Engagement to develop effective and timely calls-to-action for the website and other tasks to increase audience engagement. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail, strong organizational skills, a solid understanding of SEO, basic knowledge of HTML coding and image editing, and experience posting stories in a CMS and maintaining social media platforms. The Digital Production Editor is responsible for sourcing illustrative photographs from stock and public domain sources, works with freelance photographers and designers to generate original graphic content, and manages a digital media library. Some evening work is required.
- An adventurous technical mind. Don’t be intimidated when you tackle something new.
- Experience with the backend of a content management system (WordPress is preferred).
- Basic mastery of HTML, CSS, and web analytics platforms, including Google Analytics, Google Trends, Parse.ly, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Creator Studio, and Search Console.
- Experience in creating newsletters, preferably with Mailchimp.
- Knowledge of all major productivity suites, including Google Workspace.
- Experience in creating graphics and basic knowledge of Photoshop.
- Excellent skills in search engine optimization (SEO); Experience with Yoast is an advantage.
- Experience managing professional social media accounts and third party planning tools.
- Exceptional editing / proofreading skills.
Starting salary range: $ 40,000 to $ 43,000 with benefits.
This is a full-time employee position based in Helena, MT. The generous benefit package includes medical, dental, eyesight, short-term disability, retirement benefits and paid vacation.
Montana Free Press is committed to diversity and encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQIA + people, and people with disabilities.
Application details:To apply, please send a résumé and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Digital Production Editor”.