Prime 10 Ideas for Magnificence Advertising and marketing Video Content material – WWD
Beauty brands find it more effective to show their customers how to use products than to tell them. QuickFrame, a video marketing production company, analyzed the most successful marketing videos from November 2020 to February 2021 and found that consumers are more responsive to product-centric videos than to videos with people as the main theme. “Just because a brand can currently produce video content with a range of people doesn’t mean they should,” said Lucas Piazza, QuickFrame’s chief marketing officer.
With the advent of TikTok and the proliferation of streaming platforms, Piazza sees the video room won’t continue to grow until next year. “There will be an interesting dichotomy in which there will be a more competitive media environment but greater consumer willingness to buy products,” he said. “It’s important for beauty brands to start thinking about the different ways to get an audience’s attention right from the start.” Here are the 10 most important takeaways from QuickFrame for video marketers.
Top 10 insights for video marketers:
- Product-oriented videos 26 percent higher ROAS than videos with talent talking about products.
- Testimonial-style videos Get 110 percent more investment from beauty marketers than any other type of video.
- Testimonial videos also have a 16 percent lower ROAS than the average video.
- Videos with Talent and Creator Get a CPA 17 percent better than average videos.
- Stop motion Videos Get 58 percent more sales, but get 176 percent less investment than the average beauty video.
- Videos with instructions Bring 48 percent more ROAS than before and after videos.
- Videos with Opening shots of the products get 49 percent better ROAS.
- When videos are opened with a product open, they get a 113 percent worse CPA.
- Videos opened with User generated content received a 70 percent worse CPA.
- Beauty videos without dialogue Get a 31 percent higher CPA.
Period: November 2020 – February 2021
For more information on WWD.com, visit:
In Numbers: Top 10 Mass Market Beauty Categories of 2020
TikTok delves deeper into shopping
DroppTV, which allows artists to sell goods in their videos in real time, is introduced for the first time