Strive these easy colour ideas
For many homeowners, color can often seem frightening. What color do you use In which room? Are you going to make the wrong choice?
When it comes to color, the good news is that it is both easy and hard to go wrong. Are you looking for simple color tips? Here are some general rules of thumb.
1. Use hues, tones, and shades of the same color in a room.
2. Use graphics to create a mood or introduce a color theme.
3. Use portable decorations like throw pillows and throws to incorporate colors that you can swap in or out.
4. Consider an accent wall over an all-over paint if you’re afraid to take the plunge and paint an entire area.
5. Consider unexpected color combinations like retro colors that continue to be on trend.
1. Do not mix a color palette with more than three colors in the same space. Less is often more.
2. Don’t overlook monochromatic color schemes. Particularly light colors can feel crisp and fresh.
3. Don’t miss the opportunity to create a mood with color. Cool colors have a calming effect, while warm colors can have a cozy effect.
4. Don’t forget small opportunities to add splashes of color to a room, such as small pieces of furniture like side tables and chairs.
5. Overlook unproven color combinations such as colors that are next to each other or opposite on the color wheel.
Cathy Hobbs, based in New York City, is an Emmy-awarded television presenter and a nationally recognized expert in interior design and home staging with offices in New York City, Boston, and Washington, DC. Contact them at [email protected] or visit her website at cathyhobbs.com.
Comments are closed.