The physique of a Baltimore policeman’s teenage son was present in a gap within the wall of his dwelling, court docket paperwork say – CBS Baltimore

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) – Shocking new details were revealed in indictment documents released Thursday into the suspected death of a teenager in Curtis Bay.

New court documents show that 15-year-old Dasan Jones, the stepson of a Baltimore City police officer, was found dead in a wall.

CONTINUE READING: Baltimore police officer suspended on charges of assaulting another officer after his stepson dies after a custody battle in Curtis Bay

His stepfather, 34-year-old Eric Banks Jr., reportedly consented to a house search after police were called over a custody battle with the teenager’s mother.

When the officers reached the top floor attic, they said they saw a hole in the wall with a white ceiling against it.

Banks reportedly told officers it was a gun safe, but upon checking, they found the 15-year-old’s body and immediately handcuffed Banks.

Neighbors said it was sad. “I heard the mother crying and this crying. I instinctively heard that I knew something had happened to her child, ”said a neighbor.

According to court documents, Banks advocated kissing his children after they were handcuffed. Then he tried to grab an officer’s weapon and told him they had to “stop this”.

Anne Arundel County Police Department gave WJZ this updated timeline: They arrived Tuesday at 4:42 p.m. at the mother’s request for the custody battle. She was there to pick up her son. The child was found unresponsive at 5.40 p.m. on the upper floor of the town hall. Banks fought the officer at 6:12 p.m.

Credit: LinkedIn / Eric Banks

Anne Arundel County police confirmed there had been calls to the house previously but did not reveal them.

They describe the teenager’s death as “suspicious” but wouldn’t say how he died or if there was a foul.

“There seemed to be some things going on with the couple and there had to be some space between them,” said Sgt. Cooke said.

An autopsy should clarify the cause of death of the teenager.

Police said Officer Banks first told them his stepson left the house with no belongings.

Banks, who has been with the Baltimore Police Department for three years, has now been suspended without pay. Baltimore Police Commissioner Michael Harrison said Banks’ police powers had already been suspended due to an earlier incident.

“I am not privileged to comment on what the previous incident was about,” said Commissioner Harrison.

A GoFundMe was opened for Dasan’s mother.

Comments are closed.