The Weld County authorities will unveil the brand new web site design on Friday
The Weld County government has announced some new changes to be implemented on their website to make the website more user-friendly.
The county asked the community for feedback on what parts of the old site they were using and what they would like to see on a new site. The recommendations were then incorporated into the new design.
“We try to update the design of our website every five years and are excited to introduce this new website,” said commission chairman Steve Moreno in a press release from the county. “With our website serving nearly 2.5 million users in the past five years, quick usability is key. We hope that our residents will find the new website useful and user-friendly. “
For the past six months, the county information technology department, along with people from various departments in the county, has been working with provider OpenCities to design a new website and move content from the old to the new one.
Some of the new features that will appear on the website include:
- A Top Services tab that replaces the previous Quick Links tab in a more prominent place on the site, making it easier for users to find what they are looking for.
- The site navigation changes from navigation in the left bar to tiles that users click to get more information about a particular county department, program, or service.
- The website is becoming more mobile and adapted to the dimensions of mobile devices.
- The addition of OpenForms, an integrated forms platform that includes registration and service forms directly on web pages rather than in external PDF documents. With OpenForms, users can fill out the form and submit it with just a few simple steps.
- The county expects the new website to be released on Friday.
Implementation and training services, including moving the old data to the new location, cost $ 37,500, and annual maintenance and hosting services cost the county $ 61,150, according to Jennifer Finch, Weld County’s Public Information Officer. The total cost of the project is $ 98,650.
More information is available at www.weldgov.com.