Twin Sisters Turn into 100+ ECD to Award Web site Design Providers
Welcome to the Laurel newspaper! It’s here to find fun events this week, including twin sisters who lived for a century, website design services for businesses on Main Street, and new information on where to get free COVID-19 vaccinations and tests.
Today the weather will be hot and humid with clouds, sunshine and a high of 92 degrees. There is a thunderstorm in the afternoon.
Here are the three most important stories in Laurel today:
1. Filmed twin sisters who live in Bowie 100 in March 2021. They were celebrated with a drive-by Birthday party. Elaine Foster and Evelyn Lowe, both lifelong residents of Prince George’s County, received gift certificates for their favorite restaurant, bouquets of flowers, balloons, and gift baskets from well-wishers. Both led to their old age and health to take care of yourself consistently and also annual checks of yours doctors. (News)
2. The town of Laurels Department of Economic and Community Development (ECD) manages the Main Street Marketing Technical Support Program. This program awards website design or social media management services through partnership with local businesses My content Co. Company only Main road Area are eligible. Mayor Craig A. Moe encourages businesses in the Main Street District to take advantage of this new opportunity. Applications are now being accepted. The Deadline Your application must be submitted June 21st at 9:00 a.m. (town of Laurel)
3. Maryland Department of Health going soon Shut down the states Mass vaccination centers because more than 70% of Marylanders over the age of 12 have received at least their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Mayor Craig A. Moe announced that it would fill this gap, DR. Uzochukwu Unegbu who is the city Chief Health Officer, will start bidding free COVID-19 tests and Vaccinations to Laurel residents from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. June 30th. Dr. Unegbu will be selling vaccines in his office next door Laurel Medical Center. To make your appointment for the PCR test or COVID-19 vaccine call 301-604-8000 and use option 2. (City of Laurel)
- Laurel TV is looking for a part-time reporter (details here)
- Read all current vacancies in Laurel (details here)
- The local Wawa is serving FREE coffee through June 13th! (Details here)
Now you are all up to date with the local news and events for today!
If you would like to contact me with news about the town of Laurel, send me an email at this address ([email protected]) and include “Laurel News” in the subject line of your message.
Before you go, let me tell you a little about myself as my newsletter hits your inbox every day. My name is Alexis A. Göring. I’m a Bowie area resident with a pulse for people, news, and feature stories! I worked as a freelance reporter in the media industry for years.
I am also a writer, veteran blogger, and founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work.
Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
I look forward to bringing you the latest news on a daily basis.
Stay healthy and enjoy the day!