Why corporations ought to give attention to video in 2021
Marketing Podcast with Augie Johnston
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Augie Johnston. Augie is a 35-year-old ex-YouTuber, former professional basketball player and entrepreneur. He is currently causing a stir in the video editing industry with a start-up called Vidchops.
Key to take away:
Video is an incredibly powerful medium for helping you build authority in your niche and using your message to connect with your audience on a personal level. But … is video right for your business?
The short answer is yes. In this episode, Augie Johnston talks to me about how companies of all sizes can use video effectively and how you can use video in your content strategy.
Questions I Ask Augie Johnston:
- [1:06] What does Vidchops do?
- [1:28] What problem did you want to solve when creating Vidchops?
- [2:18] What do you think consumers expect from videos today?
- [3:41] Would you say that video only has a place in marketing and basic marketing?
- [4:28] What other ways would make sense for a small business to use video throughout its content playback?
- [5:38] Are there any effective uses for videos on someone’s website that they are already generating traffic?
- [7:02] Why is video perhaps more effective than the written word or audio?
- [7:34] So what’s a good start for someone who doesn’t use video?
- [9:51] What is your advice to people regarding the length of their videos?
- [11:27] Can you talk a little about how VidChops works and what you do?
- [12:46] Who edits your videos?
- [13:32] What trends do you see in the video right now – what do people have to pay attention to?
- [14:21] Are there more effective ways to get people to take action from your videos (e.g. video end cards etc)?
- [15:37] Where can I find out more about Vidchops?
More about Augie Johnston:
More about the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Do you like this show? Click over and please give us a review on iTunes!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
7 steps to scale your consulting practice without additional effort
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me get my business going 40% in the past 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND